Serving Northeast Since 1940
Our Lions are dedicated to serving the people of Northeast Minneapolis and St. Anthony Village. We’re both hands-on volunteers and active fund-raisers. Northeast Lions are regular participants and contributors to many local projects, like:
- delivering for Meals on Wheels
- collecting canned goods for the ESNS food shelf
- ringing bells for the Salvation Army
- dealing at Casino Night for Catholic Eldercare
- marching in the Northeast Parade
The Northeast Lions raise funds by hosting annual golf and bowling tournaments, through a raffle held as part of our Pot O’ Gold banquet each spring, and by conducting charitable gambling at multiple sites. Our Lions have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for the benefit of the northeast community. The NE Lions have funded countless projects, including:
- donating to families suffering loss or hardship
- building the Columbia Park Pavilion
- repairing cabins at Camp Bovey
- donating equipment to firefighters and police
- endowing a Lions Scholarship Foundation
Chartered in 1940, the Lions Club of Northeast Minneapolis is a member (#2970) of the International Association of Lions Clubs, which lists nearly 1.4 million men and women members, in 46,000 Lions clubs around the world.
Becoming a Lion
Lions are service-minded men and women who are interested in improving their communities. To become a Lion is to become an active volunteer, a member of a respected international organization, a leader in your community and a friend to people in need.
There are many reasons to become a member. As a Lion, you'll:
- Help your community and gain valuable skills
- Make an impact on people's lives—locally and internationally
- Learn to be a leader—and lead a respected organization
- Network with business people in your community and around the world
- Energize your life and have fun
You'll grow personally and professionally. And you'll know that what you do is worthwhile and appreciated.
The Northeast Lions have a proud history of service. If you’re interested in getting involved, read more at the Lions Clubs International website. Then join us on one of our projects—there’s always one coming up—to meet our members and get a feel for our Club. Drop us a line and we’ll get you more information.