Our Lions are dedicated to serving the people of Northeast Minneapolis and St. Anthony Village. We’re both hands-on volunteers and active fund-raisers. Northeast Lions are regular participants and contributors to many local projects, like:
- delivering for Eastside Meals on Wheels
- collecting canned goods for the ESNS food shelf
- ringing bells for the Salvation Army
- dealing blackjack at Casino Night for Catholic Eldercare
- marching in the Northeast Parade
The Northeast Lions raise funds by hosting annual golf and bowling tournaments, by selling nuts during holiday season, through a raffle held as part of our Pot O’ Gold banquet each spring, and by conducting charitable gambling at multiple sites. Our Lions have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for the benefit of the northeast community. The NE Lions have funded countless projects, including:
- donating to families suffering loss or hardship
- building the Columbia Park Pavilion
- repairing cabins at Camp Bovey
- donating equipment to firefighters and police
- endowing a NE Minneapolis scholarship foundation
Chartered in 1940, the Lions Club of Northeast Minneapolis is a member (#2970) of the International Association of Lions Clubs, which lists nearly 1.4 million men and women members, in 46,000 Lions clubs around the world.
The NE Lions Serve
The NE Minneapolis Lions have contributed either in part or single handedly with the completion of the following projects over the years.
Note from *ESNS: A great many volunteers have come from the NE Lions group including; Camp Bovey Work crews, facility repair and improvements here at the agency, and assistance with the CP rail Holiday Train; all going back to the commodity distribution program, All Nations Festival, North East Jam, and individualized help for clients in our programs and in the community.